Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Start

By starting this blog, I want to create a place where I can track the development of my work over time and where I can bring together the influences on my art, like a scrapbook for the digital era. I don't present myself as an established artist, nor do I have grand illusions about who I am and about what I do. All I know, or have ever known, is that this is what I love to do, and that makes it worth doing.

The way the world is going, no discipline will remain pure in itself, untouched by the fields of study that surround it. Just as man is not an island, his work should be the same, informed by all around him. Increasingly, artists are beginning to integrate other disciplines--science, music, film, engineering, and so much more, to create dynamic works that transcend what came before them. Because of this, we, the viewer, are experiencing art in entirely new ways. I use the word experience, because that is what I believe a viewer should feel when they look at mine or any other work. Here, by being online, I can work out ideas in much the same way, bringing together music, photographs, stories and more in an effort to create something dynamic and with a life all its own.


(All photos and reproductions of my work are copyrighted and protected by law.)

No comments:

Post a Comment